Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trip to Minneapolis

This past week Matt had an interview in Minneapolis and we decided to make it a fun family trip.  As soon as we checked into our hotel we headed right for the Mall of America.  It was only 15 minutes from our hotel but little did we know that a football game had just ended and we were right by the stadium so it took a bit longer (an hour) but it was worth it.  I especially loved the American Girl store.  I always wanted one! I remember going through the magazines and dreaming (:  The Lego store was also awesome!  They had huge sculptures made entirely of Lego, which was pretty incredible.  On Sunday we went to the university institute for church which was a little awkward because it was a singles ward.  Then we headed to the Minneapolis Institute of Art.  It was a very cool museum!  Then we went to Potbelly sandwiches for lunch.  On Monday Matt had his interview so Ellie and I went back to the mall for the afternoon and we went to Annie's Parlor for dinner.  Before we drove home on Tuesday we stopped off at Minnehaha park.  It was beautiful, even if it was the wrong time of year.

MALL OF AMERICA



Matt thought they were creepy.

 
Amazing Lego sculptures.

Ellie looking up at the giant robot.

The robot in the background is made up of 2.8 million Legos, weighs around 6 tons, and is 2 1/2 stories tall!

Ellie got a piglet from the Disney store.  I'm not sure if it was more for Ellie or for Matt (: He loves Winnie the Pooh everything!


MINNEAPOLIS INSTITUTE OF ARTS
This is an amazing and huge museum, I highly recommend it.  Just don't do the following things:
1- Put your kid on your shoulders
2 - Have a water bottle
3 - Take pictures
We were spoken to so many times I thought we were going to get kicked out!

Matt liked this painting the best, I wonder why : D I would be insulted by the artist if I was her.  She even has a 5 o'clock shadow!

Ellie passed out after the museum.

Going to Potbelly's for lunch.

After Dinner at Annie's Parlor.

MINNEHAHA PARK
I couldn't stop singing "Minna, minna, ha, ha, minna, minna, ha, ha, we love you." to the tune of Chitty chitty bang bang.  I was driving Matt crazy.....ha, ha.

It was gorgeous!  I can only imagine how pretty it would be in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment