Friday, October 26, 2012

The Omaha Zoo and Farmstead in Kansas City

Matt has been super busy this past month with interviewing for Orthodontic residency so when he had a free day I jumped at the chance to hang out with him and go to the zoo by our house.  I love our zoo because the exhibits are so cool and I love how close the animals are, so Ellie can really see them.  We've also been driving down to Kansas City a ton lately because the flights are so much cheaper from there. I'm talking like 100 to 200 dollars less, bizarre right?  Leslie and Jon have been so sweet in letting Ellie and I crash at there place while Matt is away.  We have really enjoyed spending more time with them!  Ellie is totally adored so that makes it fun : D  

Henry Doorly Zoo

Watching the monkey's

Watching the ???? whatever that is.

Watching the penguins. They are SO FAST, like little torpedoes!


Watching the Otters. My favorite, they are like cats but cooler cause they like the water, or am I the only one who thinks that?



The aquarium is AMAZING!



 Deanna Rose Farmstead
I love this place!  It is so fun and has the cutest atmosphere.  If you are ever in the Kansas City area with kids I highly recommend it!  And the best part is.....it's free!  (You can tell we're poor students.)  It was a rainy weekend but we were lucky and it wasn't raining while we were there.  My darling cousin Lauren just moved to KC a few months ago and was able to come with us.   





Feeding the goats is my favorite part. 




Matt has always wanted to grab a bull by it's horns... AKA: a small baby goat

I thought this pony was so pretty with it's blonde hair.

Ellie and Danny making faces at each other.

Playing at Leslie's.

Poor Hobbes.
I thought the following pics were funny because they show how Hobbes has no escape from Ellie.  She seriously loves Hobbes so much.  Her first word besides Mama and Dada was Hobbies if that tells you anything.  She loves to pull his tail and lay her head on his belly and he is so patient with her.  I think he secretly likes the attention (:


She found his hide out under the end table.


3 comments:

  1. IT'S A FREAKING TAPIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the Omaha Zoo!! We went to the one here and it made me miss it even more. I'm glad you guys are still there to enjoy it. Ellie is cute as ever!! I LOVE her little puffy vest. Is she walking yet? We miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, it looks like you guys have been doing a ton of fun stuff this fall. Ellie is so pretty, and it looks like she loved the zoo! And of course the pic with Matt and that baby goat is hilarious! I miss you guys so much around Halloween and Fall! Oh, and Ellie's headbands and bows are all adorable... love you Lis!

    ReplyDelete