Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!


This past Easter weekend we headed down Kansas City to spend time with family.  The weather was perfect!  When we got in town we went directly to the Farmstead but it was closed until April 1st. Bummer! I was so excited to see the baby animals.  We spent the afternoon at the botanical gardens instead.

This is the first time Ellie has walked in grass barefoot...sad I know! Since she started walking in October it's just been way too cold to do this.  I loved her reaction.
Climbing a tree with dad.


Coloring Easter eggs, Matt reading one of Ellie's Easter gifts to her, finding her basket.

The gang.

Ellie's first Easter egg hunt.  She knew just what to do!


I don't have any pictures of my favorite memory from this trip.  On Saturday we went to the town where Zach and Lauren live.  We went to the cute optical shop where Lauren works, then to an old books exhibit at the university that Zach attends.  Afterwards we ate amazing Greek food and walked around the little shops.  My favorite shops include the British store, a chocolate shop (the lavender caramels were amazing), taste testing at the olive oil and vinegar shop (my favorite was the mushroom or lime olive oil, and the pomegranate ginger balsamic), a fun toy store, and ice cream at Syla's and Maddy's.


The chocolates were so beautiful I couldn't get over it! And they taste even better!
-

1 comment:

  1. OH, I can't belive Ellie's hair, it is so cute and long! Such a big girl already! Looks like a fun Easter, but we missed you guys.

    ReplyDelete