Monday, March 18, 2013

Lego's, Bath Fun, and St. Patty's

We are getting spring fever here! I want it to be spring so bad but then I realize come May we are out of here. Kansas City here we come!  I am so excited to be moving to KC but I'm also heartbroken to leave such good friends here in Omaha.  This week Ellie and I have been taking a few more walks.  She loves to get outside and it's amazing how entertained she is out there.  I took her to the playground on Thursday and it was just one soggy mud puddle.  I thought...."Okay, I'll be a fun mom and let her stomp in the mud and get a little dirty, no biggie"...two minutes later she is soaking wet and covered in mud, she decided it would be nice to sit down in the dirty cold water.  I had to completely strip her down diaper and all.

On Saturday Matt, Ellie, and I walked down to the gardens to see the Lego Exhibit.  It was pretty cool, Ellie loved playing with the blocks.  I want to get her some and I'm trying to convince Matt to make her a little Lego table for Christmas (:

So as many of you know Ellie hates baths. Crazy I know!  I thought all young children loved playing in the tub but not this girl!  Most of the time she whines or cries to get "down" (meaning "OUT NOW!").  I saw the idea for shaving cream painting on Pinterest awhile back and decided to give it a try.  She LOVED it!  The muffin tin even floats, which made me happy(: 
Will definitely be doing this again! 

 *She did taste it but was repulsed by the nastiness and asked for "agua" and that was the end of that.

I think she may become an artist (:

Happy St. Patty's Day

We had shamrock eggs and waffles with green whip cream and sprinkles.  
*Ellie only ate the whip cream.

Ellie helping me make green play dough.  
*Notice how there are no pics of the actual dough, I altered the recipe and used green jello instead of green cool-aid.  Not a good idea! It was slimy and sticky and I only let her squeeze it in a Ziplock bag.

Rainbow Jello in the bath.  Since Ellie liked the shaving cream painting so much I thought she would like playing with left over St. Patrick's day jello.  Not so, I think she didn't like how cold and sticky it was.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh that looks like so much fun! I'm going to have to try the shaving cream in the tub. Ellie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete