Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fremont Indian State Park and Paiute Trail

We went to Fremont Indian State Park for a family campout. It was a lot of work, but so fun!  It was Ellie's first time on a four wheeler.  You'd think she would be all excited and looking around but she fell asleep everytime.  How anyone could sleep on those loud bumpy things is beyond me!  Poor girl, I'm sure she was just so sleep deprived.  So since we were going four wheeling Matt and I decided to do the responsible thing and get Ellie a helmet.  These pictures are the only time she wore it (: I feel guilty admiting it but she was so much more comfy without it, strapped in my baby carrier.  The thing I love about this area is the diverstiy.  You can go up the canyon and it's lush and green with pine trees and aspen and then down the canyon it's desert with cactus and red rock.



   



Melissa was terrified!

 
There was a crazy rain storm while we were out on the quads, it was insane driving back to camp.  I swear I thought we were going to get hit by lightning.  Matt was driving so fast that the rain stung as it hit your skin.  This pic below was taken when we got back to camp, you can't tell but we were drenched!




Jim's signiture retarded face (:


Papa Lynn telling stories around our non-existent fire.

Looking at indian petroglyphs

An Indian "pantry"

 
It was so cute, all the kids climbed in to play with Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment